Monday, October 02, 2023

aggression from male strangers lately in Western Massachusetts

Documenting this because there are always people who will tell you that sexism and feminism are things of the past--

Monday Oct. 2, 2023, 8:10pm - walking home on sidewalk at 116 - Hadley St. intersection, a man in the passenger seat of white sedan yelled out at the top of his lungs: "YO BITCH GET OUT OF THE WAY!" in white NE (standard) American English. He sped off and turned right on Silver St.

Friday Sept. 20, 2023, 2pm - on route 47 heading towards Northampton, I was closely tailgated by a white man (between 20-30 years old) in an old faded red Toyota truck. I was going 5 mph over the speed limit hoping he would stop. Eventually he passed me on my left, rolled down his window and stuck out his middle finger and drove like that for another 5 minutes. 

I called the police both times. We need to talk about masculinity, sexism, and cultural supremacy in K-12.